♥DAILY LOVE NOTE – Saturday June 21, 2014
Hello dear Friends♡
For the month of June I am sharing 5 Things I am Grateful for each day on our 365 Day Being-♡LOVE-Zero-Negativity Campaign Facebook group page….. I am a strong proponent of creating the habit in our lives of being a ♡LOVE-Finder…..yet I can get sucked into and stuck in the mud of criticism and judgement and Fault-Finding…….and with all that has been happening in my life since the bushfires destroying our home at Warm Fuzzy Hill, I thought it was time for a bit of serious practice, hence the project……
In this post I share with you 5 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR – DAY 21…♡
1. Grateful for June 21st being the birthday of our precious ♡Russ……
2. Grateful for spending a large part of the day with my beautiful ♡Freea…and grateful for daughter-mummy-snuggles-and-cuddles-and ♡LOVE and just hanging out together and for missing my ♡Zoe and doing it all with her too…..
2. Grateful for Russ’s life and ♡LOVE-ing and for the Gift of 25 years together before he died….. and that we created our 2 spectacularly beautiful daughters and magical Warm Fuzzy Hill plus a million other things……..
I’m grateful for every. day. we shared together and all the birthdays and Christmases and holidays and fun and for the gazillion and one projects he/we always had “on the go”………. 14 years is a lot of years that we have been missing him….
“Our life’s journey together.
So many huge steps.
So many blessings.
He has given so much…….”
4. Grateful for the documentary ♡Russ’ Story – One Man, One Journey, Many Colours that ♡Zoe made about ♡Russ’s dying and death….and his life and living.
Tah Dah!! I am over-the-moon excited to announce that it has been chosen as one of the films for the Culture Unplugged Film Festival 2014 and is now available for viewing online on their website. Please watch [and express your appreciation for it] at –http://www.cultureunplugged.com/documentary/watch-online/play/51357/russ—story—one–man-one-%20journey–many-colours
I watched it again a few nights ago and it reminded me all over again why I ♡LOVE and are grateful for my family and Warm Fuzzy so much……If you wish to read more I wrote with much pride about ♡Zoe and her amazing talent and her documentary in my post
Accepting ♡Russ’s invitation, central for ♡Zoe in telling ♡Russ’ Story was to honour her father and to tell his story, and through doing this to increase awareness of the journey of ‘a patient’, as well as their family and community through terminal illness and dying and death at home, and to educate and show, quoting ♡Russ, that everyone makes a difference…
Whilst this documentary is very close to our hearts it has touched many others and has helped them to deal with the dying and death of those close to them….Many have already experienced this…..and everyone will!………We all need knowledge and resources around death and dying preferences and assistance in caring for our Beloveds.
5. I am so grateful to ♡Zoe and her talent and inner resources in making Russ’ Story. I have talked before about how an enormous amount of things happen many times a day which we usually just take for granted…….This is how I see the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G amount of work and steps that go into producing such a documentary……Most of us won’t even have any idea about the processes or what goes on behind the scenes to create the 64 minutes that this film is….and we will just take them for granted….
♡Zoe did most of the filming, interviewing, research, writing the script, etc….etc……and then spent countless hours over many, many months peering through all the video footage as well as paying a huge amount of dollars to hire the editing equipment and editing assistance to create the well-oiled professional production that it is……all of this while working another job as she was without funding for the production.
When you look at the doc you will see how emaciated and wasted ♡Russ looks. I would warn people that he looked like ‘a Biafran Refugee’…..he had cancer in both his lungs and a brain tumour and at 6ft was only 50kg. He could barely see, couldn’t stand up and was virtually paralyzed down the left side of his body.
I am so admiring and proud of ♡Zoe for spending all that time peering at close-ups of ♡Russ in that editing process as well as the innumerable hours behind the camera observing and recording him before he died …… even now looking at his deterioration is a stretch for me…..
Three months before he died I wrote in my diary:
“The challenge was to keep looking at my ♡Beloved with the eyes of ♡LOVE when every time I looked I was faced with the Horror and ravages of a disease that attacked every part of his body. I had to choose between closing down or to use ♡Russ’ illness and dying as an opportunity to stretch and grow my heart……….
and saggy skin.
My mind recoils
at the picture,
at the story,
of your wasting away.
I turn my mind quickly away
back to your beautiful full body
of so long ago now.
I caress your skin, your fullness
with the eyes of my heart
and I let
my memories, so rich, so full
so I can
keep looking now
with the eyes of my heart
so I can
still see your beauty
and not just the Horror and the Pain……
6. I am adding a sixth THING I AM GRATEFUL FOR today. COMMUNITY…..Many assisted us and supported us through this very poignant and sacred heart time with their deep ♡LOVE and caring. I will never ever forget or cease to be forever grateful to the many, many people involved….So many hearts and souls were linked through ♡Russ’s dying time…….it takes a community to care for and prepare a man for death…………..In much the same way it has taken a community to support us in the grieving and recovery and healing process of this devastating and painful time P.F. [Post Fire]….. we are truly blessed….
And A Big Yes to “You make a difference……”, your ♡LOVE-ing matters!….I am so grateful for you being here reading, LOVE Susie♡
You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you. ~ ♡Sarah Ban Breathnach, author of Simple Abundance.
♡♡DAY 172 – 365 Day Being-♡LOVE-Zero-Negativity Campaign