Tuesday – 22nd February 2011
87 steps. I can do it!…
88. YES I can….
89. Nearly there,
90 steps. Yay I made it!…
90 steps up the hill from the beach to our cottage. I made it…. AND my lower back is aching, my calves are aching….How unfit I am!
And I think of the affirmation on my water bottle back home – Joyful Movement – Well that is what I am aspiring to!
Part of my intention in being here in India at the Ayurvedic Resort is to install a daily exercise/movement program in to my life and Spirit has been very generous as:
– our cottage is 100 steep steps to the dining and reception and Ayurvedic treatment areas and
– 90 steep steps down to the beach.
Walking on the beach at 6.30am in the morning is part of my program followed by walking up those 100 steps to the pool for an hour’s work out there.
A few things drive/lead me:
- Knowing that it is the right thing to do for my health, well-being and happiness when I check into my own Core Values.
- The model of others who have done similar tasks who inspire me….climbing the steps I am inspired by the folks I just happened to see in part of a show last week on The Biggest Loser who had to run up lots of stairs over and over – and well they are more unfit and so much more unused to it than I am I tell myself, and they were pushing themselves way out of their comfort zone.
- The image/vision I have of what it is like to be in what I call my “light body“ – being fit and flexible, and slim and slender, and light and supple, nimble, graceful, agile…you get the picture….Following the law of attraction teachings connecting to how I feel when I am in my light body. Experiencing it as a felt sense. The image of looking gorgeous and feeling so good in Motto’s wonderful clothes for instance. Seeing myself as agile and nimble and walking the steps happily.
- Being of my word to myself. Sticking to my intention that I have set for myself – doing what I say that I am going to do. I remind myself that the Actions I take create the Results I get. No one else is choosing this for me. I have chosen this. The result is self- respect and self-love.
Question for you: What keeps you connected to your goals and intentions when the going gets tough?
People often reflect on and ask questions about –
How do I start loving myself?
How do I increase my self-esteem and self-confidence?
A sure fire way is to set yourself a task/action/behaviour – it has to be something that you DO. You choose what is doable for you and do it over and over until it becomes a HABIT which is an automatic way of doing/being. You keep on extending yourself bit by bit; step by step. A reminder to formulate your goals or intentions in the present tense as if they already exist. Make each sentence short, positive and descriptive.
I like Dr Harville Hendrix’s description of change which is:
Change “demands clear intention, sustained attention and the conscientious day-by-day practice of new skills and unfamiliar, uncomfortable behaviour.”
It sounds so simple and yet it can be so hard to change our behaviour. I remember to tell myself to be kind to myself as change takes time and practice, practice, practice. And it is good to start with baby steps and give myself “L” plates.
Call to Action – what new behaviour do you choose to start in your life today?
I invite you to write and post what new behaviour you are choosing and your comments are welcomed about the impact of this topic…
I send warm wishes that you are enjoying this special day. Remember the Chinese proverb:
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step”
I’ll be chanting it as I go to start climbing the stairs for dinner. I can do it!